Q: What’s new in QuickDesk?
Perfectly Clear QuickDesk has gained a LOT of new features and capabilities since it’s original release. The major “Version 3” upgrade added the ‘6-up’ view and many workflow options, as well as new image corrections. Here’s a complete list:
- Beautiful new interface
- New image correction tools:
- Preprocessing section for Input Looks and “Image Ambulance” for manual exposure corrections
- “Face Aware” exposure for more accurate auto-exposure corrections in portraits and group photos
- Black Point tool to deepen blacks
- New Color Vibrancy tool to complement our previous “Vibrancy” control (now renamed to Color Restoration)
- Sky and Foliage enhancements
- Existing tools have been improved:
- Added strength sliders to Light Diffusion and Vibrancy for better control
- Better ‘color pickers’ for Skin Tone and Blush adjustments
- Manually identify faces that are not detected automatically
- One-click to zoom to individual faces
- Modify facial regions to provide the best corrections
- Much improved preset management
- RAW file support in the ‘Stand-alone’ products
- Visual Presets and LOOKs panels
- Filmstrip view in ‘Stand-alone’ products and Lightroom plug-in
- Undo / Redo support
- Finishing Tools to allow final adjustments to your images
- Graduated Filters to adjust portions of the image
- Faster than ever! Major re-write of our core engine speeds up processes so you can spend even less time editing
- New & improved sharpening – not only faster, but stronger and smarter than ever!
- New Integration with ROES Workflow. For those using ROES, this is a significant update. Read more here.
- Supports additional RAW file formats
- Major Workflow Improvements:
- Edit within your existing user preset, and easier flow when editing preset description
- Update to the Grad Group checkbox displays
- Multiple image selection using “open with” command
- Apply negative exposure (to darken a photo) directly from your quick correct panel
- Added “36Pix” integration. Read more here.
- Several small image correction improvements, including better handling of very low dynamic range images, very bright, low contrast images, and high-key images with Color Restore set to 0.
- Fixed OSX support for ‘Mojave’ (10.14) when processing 16-bit TIF files
- Added support for ‘Edit Original in Photoshop’