Q: How to use LUCiD Apps as Extensions?
One way to use the LUCiD Apps is as an Extension on a Mac. This allows you to use the software on any image that you’re editing inside the Photos for Mac software. This workflow lets you edit an image without the need to export the image first, and keeps the edited and original image inside your Photos library.
Setting up extensions
To set any of the LUCiD Apps for Photos as an extension is easy.
- Download the apps from the Mac App Store.
- Open System Preferences on your Mac, then click Extensions.
- Click Photos in the left sidebar.
- Place a checkmark next each app that you have installed and want to use as an extension.
- Close preferences, and now the LUCiD apps will appear in the Extensions menu.
Using an extension
- Launch Photos for Mac.
- Choose an image in your library that you want to edit.
- Double-click the photo in your library to open it in single view.
- Click the Edit button to adjust the image.
- Click Extensions. This is at the bottom of the Photos editing tools on the right-hand side of the window.
- Choose one of the LUCiD for Photos extensions from the menu.
(You can also enable or disable any extensions by clicking More… in this menu.)
- Edit the image using the LUCiD app.
- When finished, click Save Changes to capture the improvements made to your image.
- If you want, you can run an additional LUCiD App using the Extensions item or use any of the built-in editing tools.
- When finished with your image, click Done to exit the edit mode.
For more on LUCiD Mac apps, watch these great tutorials here!